Total Pageviews

Mormon.Org

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Standing as a witness:]

When I was a primary I don’t really understand why I have to spend Sunday to church, to sit along with my parents, to behave during sacrament meeting and why do I need to attend primary class. I would always think and reason out for myself that I have to do it for my parent’s sake. I am active in the primary but personally I’m wandering why I have to be there as always and I know the testimony I have was my father’s testimony. As time goes by, when I turned 12, I started to attend my seminary class. I have my older sister with me who keep on watching over me at the first day of class. The following the day, I told my parents that I could go already alone. That’s when I finally understand and had actually give answers to my question when I was a primary and why do I have to study the gospel. My seminary teacher was a great influence for me. From that day, I realized that I can’t grow without my own testimony. The gospel had made me realized that I am blessed because at my young age my parents had opened my eyes in doing good and grow up with the light of Christ. I learned a lot from my seminary class, I understand more the meaning of Atonement, and have actually work-out for my own testimony of Jesus Christ. Even at school, I could still apply the lessons I gained at seminary class by merely being an example to them, by choosing God’s will first and by sharing them the infinite love of Christ. I gained a deeper appreciation of repentance and forgiveness. I remember what my teacher had taught me “It is better to prepare and prevent than to repair and repent”.

No comments:

Post a Comment